Thursday 22 November 2012

Bang Bang



I wasn’t really willing to go to this foundation day but because of my friend’s constant begging and for the sake of our last year, I was going this time. It’s basically an annual function in which we gather and cherish our whole year’s accomplishments.

 In day i came to know that my name was top in the list for the volunteers, gosh I wanted to kill that one who put it in there, being a volunteer means I had to control the crowd, which means I won’t enjoy the function. I ran into our sir and told him to remove my name from the list but someone had already signed after my name, I screamed English abusive in Russian accent, Sonovabitch.
Helplessly I went home and decided to have a mid day nap. I got habitual to sleep at noon since I have to attend gym at evening every other day. When I woke up, I dressed myself into a funky party shirt with a coterie’s trouser. I wore a nice perfume and spiked my hair up. Paa send a driver to take me to the function since it gets a bit dicey when you are riding a bike on a highway in mid night and a possibility of getting tipsy over alcohol might enhance the risk of it.
So there I was into the party. I spread my arms and announced my presence as I was the host for the night and the college was my guest. I shook hands with my class fellows and started grooving over the music, everyone joined me as well.
On the stage, there was plenty of shows like dance performances, modeling, anchoring, singing  and what else were going on but truly I didn’t give a damn about those since I was too busy in enjoying myself. I find it better to celebrate ourselves then to clap for others.
While I was enjoying with rest of my class, Manoj, a friend of mine, came to me and told me that I was about to be attacked tonight by some drunk guys. I tapped his shoulder thinking that he’s just joking and told him, “I am a chocolate guy dude, who’ll have problem with me? I don’t have any enemy in this college or anywhere else, just chill and enjoy the night…” and continued stepping up.
While dancing, an old figure from my class, shook hands with me and told me to come along with him in a corner asked me that he wanted to talk about something, I sensed something fishy when he was smelling like whiskey still went with him, that was my mistake. He asked me as if I am enjoying the night, I politely told him I am loving the night. he asked me plenty of questions like are you having fun, how are your friends etc to which I gave all the answers. His questions started getting personal when he touched the untouchable questions which ignited my temper.
Boy:“Who is your friend?”
(Why would anyone ask me this question?)
Me: everyone is.
Boy: and what about your girl friend?
(I’ve been fed up by telling every guy that I am single or committed, it’s none of your concern so I too started playing along)
Me: She’s good.
Boy: so how many girl friends do you have?
(That question took my temper to height and I said loud enough)
Me: you tilt your head in a 360 degree, how many girls do you see? Every fucking girl you see from your eyes is my girlfriend.
Boy: every girl?
Me: yes, every girl.
Boy: every girl?
Me: yes, every girl.
The same conversation went for 10 times after which he pushed me. That did it. he did what no one dared to do in past 3 years of my college. I pushed him back hard enough so that he fell down. 2 guys came between us to stop our combat but that was just started, a guy held me tight enough in his arms and told me that boy is drunk and I shouldn’t get into this I glared at him that “if you’re drunk that doesn’t give you right to speak rubbish and fight everyone”
The night was about to get red on this foundation day. The guy who was holding me told me that, “I know you are brave but this is stupidity, you are alone in this field and be practical, you can’t handle even two guys properly, you’ll die if you get into this fight”.
I saw around me and I realized that really no one was there to fight for me. Everyone came to me and told me the same thing to walk away and leave the ground. I thank lord for that day because I could see through everyone at that few moments, everyone was frightened to take my side, every guy who called me his brother, every guy who took my help when he was in need every one just said same thing. “Leave this place before they kill you”
 Within few minutes I saw the same boy running toward me with two other drunkards’ dogs of him. About 3 to 6 guys came to stop them but they weren’t about to stop. Neither I had any plans to run out of field, I wasn’t stupid, I wasn’t coward, I wasn’t calculating that I don’t have anyone on my side and they are 3 guys. I fought them.
The fighting went for hardly 15 seconds till other classmates’ separated us, I got plenty of cuts on my knuckles but my white shirt was still bright enough, that was a sigh of relief for me, as I have bought it only a few days ago.
Teachers came after 10 minutes of the situation, and dragged all of us out of the ground.
Before anyone could start I told our teachers. “First of all they are drunk and you allowed them in the function that’s you’re mistake, second, they started it and I don’t take crap from anyone for no reasons, you sort it out or ill file a complaint tomorrow at the nearby station”
 The teacher’s took my side and told the other guys to leave this matter and I came back to join the party.
That day I broke my old image in campus.



I have never thought that i will fight someone in my life,
i thought, if i am nice to everyone,
everyone will be nice to me as well,
though it is just another phase of life
i shall never forget it.. 





No comments:

Post a Comment