Friday 18 January 2013

In 2 hours



There were many encounters with graceful kind of peoples in my life, I had relationships, I had break ups, crushes & few flings. But soon after the roughest break up I had, I started disbelieving the thing called “love”. Though I still have an envious desire to be with someone, I can’t give a name to that relationship. 
It all seems too phony to me, and this presumption became sturdier when I recollect the incident of last 2 days or the specific two hours. 

HOUR NO 1

In my facebook profile, I found a startling raise in notifications on one day. A girl named khushi had liked and commented on more than 30 snaps of mine, I genuinely accept that I don’t count under the “tall dark handsome” category but still praised by a stranger, I felt obliged as well as awed, my consciences told me to not fall for the bait . Most of the time I stay offline while logging on to my account as I’ve always walked away from chit chats, but that day I went online. Yes, she was right there, stolen a look of mine at her tab. 
“hi” initiated conversation. Well the trick is to not show too much interest yet seemed into her. Just like push and pull.  Comment on her at one moment compliment on another.
“I think you’re single right now, isn’t it?” I texted  

“Yup, but how do you know?” she.
“it’s just a logical theory of mine, anyways”
“tell me no? I am interested in these logics” 
(when you succeed to glue her to the conversation, it shows she’s interested in you. )
it doesn’t matter what logic you tell her. It must sound appealing as well as baiting for a longer conversation. And when she has already liked your snaps, you are on a way to success.

“But I think your committed” (she)
“and why is that?”
“logic ;) ”

(when the opponent pulls out the same trick, it means she’s definitely in to you, now even if you know the answer you have to seem interested.)
“OMG. I love logics. Please tell me that?”
Doesn’t matter either what crazy stuff she tells you, you must show you’re impressed.
When the both sides show an “involved” signal, the first step is done.
I just lay back on that time and knew I don’t have anything to do now, in the next 5 minutes she told me things you hear in Indian movies, like
“A lot things are common between us” 
(even if it wasn’t I hated justin bieber whereas she loved him, I found novels and writing blogs interesting whereas she found it dreary, but I don’t know after all of contrast nature, she was still into me that was indeed odd)

But I didn’t wanted to hurt any sentimental back then and politely replied.
“Yes it isJ

“You know what lets exchange numbers?”
(Wow what was that? Few minutes ago we were completely outsiders and now we were exchanging numbers)
“ummm okay.. ” (With hesitation)
“8890267234 call me ;)
“Okay”
and after that I went offline. With doubts and ambiguity about today’s generation, I guess I am too old now. 



HOUR NO 2.
“Hey, you didn’t call me yesterday?”
“I was a bit busy” (I wasn’t busy but I didn’t like the way it was going, too fast)
“Anyway, tell me yours digits and I’ll call you Mr. busy boy”
“9920276248”
“gotcha ;) I really liked the way you were talking yesterday, though I dislike your affection to novels and writing, I found you dashing in your snaps”
“shukira J” (means thanks)
And a moment later we were chatting over cellphone, this and that here and there. She sound really into me and I was really into the novel I wasn’t able to read because of her, I regretted giving her my digits.  
“Listen, I’ve pre boards till 29 then we shall meet over a movie or something”
“you sure you want to meet on this crucial time of your main exams?”

When I was in 12th I was immersed into last year papers on that time, things are changed now.
“No big deal sweetheart anything for you”
“Okay, hey it’s too late for now, we’ve been talking for whole 30 minutes, and shouldn’t we sleep now?”
“Oh c’mon... It’s just 1 am, don’t tell me you sleep early and shit?”
“No but you must, it’s not good at exam time”
“Okay…. Good night, I lo--”
I ended the call before she dropped the 3 letter word. I was literally horrified at that moment.
She called me regularly for the next 3-4 days but I always cut her short by saying that her exams are much important then our conversation.

It must sound like I am afraid of relationships by reading this post. But it’s not. I am just different then rest. For me the relationship that reaches the top with a great pace falls down with greater. It’s like gravity, projectile motion.


No comments:

Post a Comment