Friday 7 September 2012

The Friends book

The Friends book


It was the day when I was way much agitated to talk to an old friend of mine. I was astonished to know that he was also interested in reading my blog, after chatting for few minutes about our lives, he asked me to do a favor for him and he wanted me to write a story about his relationship with a friend of her.
He had planned to gift the story to her on her 21st birthday, being a friend I was determined to pen down a story for him…
As narrating the story I placed myself in his position, to feel what he does..

In blunt words it’s the Same old story about two buddies, the thing that makes it special is it’s about us,
the emotions we shared and the situations that we faced together, We, weren’t great example of friends since we were a little  more than friends  and less then lovers.. 

As far as I remember it was 8th of June when I was going to live with my father for a summer break,
 I was done with my packing and the moment when I was about to leave my room, a chat popped up in my face book account, reminded me that I forgot that the pc was left ON.
I stood there and saw the chat was from you.

We had Mutual friends above 40 and strangely we were in each other’s friend lists still we never knew about that or each other,
strange isn’t it?

You: hi 
me: sorry, have to rush out, but we can chat after 10th, I will be back  in Jaipur by then.  
You: have a safe journey 
me: ciao


10th June,
I was back to my home town and was resting on the couch, at a sudden moment there was an instant urge to open my account, I logged in and to my disclosure you were online.
Is she jobless or she doesn’t have a life outside this virtual world, words popped up in my head.
              

Me: friends call me Mr. punctual, is It.?
You:
J
how was your journey? 
Me: good 
you: Where did you go? You gave me only a short notice on that. 
Me: I was with my father in Kathmandu, he has a job there, and I was free for the summer break, so I crashed into his place for passing this break.    

 
Our chat went on further formal uninteresting topics that we find interesting whenever we have it with a new person. Day passed and so the time did, we came closer and our bond got stronger than it was before.
 

Our mutual friends played a strong role in our story. You never knew the real faces behind those masks of innocent school girls as they were at same coaching institute as I did.
After talking about rest of world we realized that we talked about everything except us,

I knew just few thing about you that can be putted in a CV as well.

A Sofia girl, hopelessly sophisticated, quite decent, science student, the only child of her parents, and had a broken relationship. Not a word more than that.
In a whole 45 days we had only these few things about each other.
Quite eccentric, isn’t it?

That reminds me of the time we were drunk with our farewell gathering, I wanted to sleep but still tried to chat for some time since you insisted for it, you seemed a bit drowsy at that moment that gave me a thought to start the truth and dare game.  

The usual question a teenage boy might ask “tell me about your ex?”
All you said was,
I am sleepy,
bye.!


And I was like,
 what the fuck? Am I not worth your trust? Can’t you rely on me? I felt cast off.
I slept with those questions in my head.


We didn’t chat for next few days until both of us got into college.
to my surprise you took admission in the nearest college of mine. I was amazed, still a little gloomy over the last conversation that ended badly.


A new day arrived with new hopes and full of expectations.


I was in college and I
was keen to know about those strange deeds of yours so I called up your best friend.
I knew you were opened up with your friend that’s why I thought of calling her up.

She said that there is nothing wrong with her, understand her and let her have a chance to understand you as well.
I was fulfilled with her answer.
I made up my mind on that day “I will gain your trust one day and on that day you will tell me everything that you didn’t told me before, and with the trust you didn’t had in me on that drunk night…”

Anyway, the cold war ended one night when I texted a simple hi with a “
J.”
“hi “ you replied
and here’s a good thing about you.
(You’re always good to everyone even if you’re facing the bottom, even if someone takes out pleasure out of your every moment, even if you feel devastated)
I don’t know how do you manage to do this but it’s a good thing to learn from a person like you.

Our chat continued...
me: had dinner?
you: yes ,and you?
me: yup


just an easy and smooth chat with no recalls of last fight, of last night,  just like a mid aged couple, whose fight begin at sunrise but ends at night.

me: good night.
you: good night Damon :)


I still have this Damon thing remembered.

It was the night when I send you a message asking you to give me a nick name that suits me. After thinking for a long time, you gave up on that thing saying that you can’t think of any name that suits me, I felt a bit dejected and ended our chat without any night wishes…
it was ridiculously immature of me but still I did it. Hate myself for that night.
The next day went without any texts, none of us tried to reach each other.
And then in night when I was about to sleep, my phone beeped,
having a text  from you was enough to make  me surrender in our cold war,
it said “teddy”??
I replied instantly: no :(
 You: ray??
Me: never ever  :/

there was a gap in our session for about half an hour, I was thinking that I must have made some mistake or I acted way too rude on you.
And then I got a reply from you that said “Damon”
Me: are you kidding me? You mean Demon?
You: No I mean Damon. He is kind of demon but not entirely..
Me: Now who the hell is Damon?
You: look over internet for that…


And the moment I searched about Damon, it came out way too close to me. I had watched 3 seasons of vampire diaries back to back and realized Damon does suits me.
J

Scene Changed to your first day at college,
When you visited the campus for the first time, I was attending my lectures. Since the lectures were way too boring, I was on the track, playing a racing game on my cell. In mid of my gaming session I spotted a unread  message from  you.
You: hello 
me: hello :)
how was your day 
You: tiring but good 
me: And why is that?
You: I went to college with dad to check out the hostel facility in there.
me: If your college is in same city then why are you choosing hostel? Don’t you love your parents or is it vice versa.. !
You: Shut up Yeshu, I’ll kill you! It’s just that I’m living on the opposite end of city and it will be a long Distance. I won’t be able to cope up with daily travelling, it’s  too damn hectic for me.

And you went on explaining further details of your hostel, roomies, facilities in which I wasn’t interested at all, but I could sense the happiness in your tone for your selection in cs stream and a new beginning in hostel life.

Frankly, I was well aware of hostel life, my cousins have been living in hostels for years but I didn’t wanted to lower your spirit at that moment so I thought to keep a golden silence on that topic.


We decided to call each other after 5 pm since both of us had college before that and we must focus on our score board as much as we enjoy with each other.

1st day of college 

 At exact 5.30 pm, I got a call from you. Quite punctual, I thought.
you: hey
me: hi there.
are you done with your classes?
you: just finished yet. 
me: And I am still stuck in college, I have this report to submit to our chemistry faculty. You had anything since morning?
You: A sandwich and a glass of milk, enough fuel to run a day.
Me: (laughing) eat something or else I will send your mother to feed you there.

Both laughed.
Half an hour of conversation and I was on the way back to home.

We were having a gala time together, endless hopeless conversations with no connection to reality, a world of our own. YOU ME US
I didn’t cared for anything but you then,
I was assure on one thing that the whole mental trauma I face in college will end on the time I’ll hear by you.  Of course you did make a lot of friends but you chose me over all of them made me feel out of the ordinary league.
 



A break




The utopia we had came to an end soon,
the excitement we had, the blossomy smile on our face, everything vanished.

you got way too much busy in your own world while I was on the same spot, life went through the twists and turns I never hoped for…
exams, practical, file submission, gossips I thought I have lost my friend.

The only time you needed me was when you were alone, when you didn’t had anybody to talk to. Still I never said anything, hoping to have the YOU back someday. Even I went on wrong path of revenge, I never thought that few relationships are about sacrifice but I was blind in frustration. You took 5, I took 10 minutes to text back. I thought it will make you realize that even I can be busy even I have an attitude of my own.

Life went back to the way they were before WE happened. Every contact we had was broken. We blocked chatting texting calling everything.

The day we actually met,



I was laying in a garden near my college, I was accompanied by a bottle of soft drink which had everything except the soft content in it, while watching the road I found you driving your scooter  I screamed your name Sanjanaaa….!
you turned your neck and gave a look on me, unexpectedly you went back to your way.
(That was like ouch in my chest, it did hurt)
i smiled and cursed my fortune again and again, and went back to the sky sight.

After few minutes I felt a kick on my left thigh,
Who the fuck is it? I screamed in a drowsy tone with my half closed eyes.
When I came back in a complete vision mode, I saw you
J
 you :  so that’s the way an engineer works?( With a sarcastic smile.)
Me: you don’t need to tell me anything, just let me have my soft drink.
 Let me have it.
 You said it while snatching away the bottle from my hand.
Me: go ahead. But let me warn you first, it contains a quarter of vodka.
 
Before completing my sentence you already had a large mouthful sip from it. And before I started my new sentence you threw up all of it in a go.
Me:  give me that bottle back. Kids can’t handle a drop of alcohol, and they try to handle a life alone.
My sentence was motivational or you needed a drink I don’t know that till now but you gulped half of that bottle after that sentence.
after a few moments of your transition into a drowsy drunk lady you begin to speak out loud your heart,
(This is what alcohol does, it gives you a boost to throw out everything you have inside, emotions, philosophy, desire, pain even the peanut butter sandwich you had a while ago  )

you know what, you were absolutely rude to me you selfish bastard, you went away when I needed you most, my father left home, my mother had to do all work at her own, I spend my every moment with her, I did everything that I can, I had no one to talk to, No friend deserved to hear my pain. And who did was busy with his life.

I realized that I did a horrible mistake. I shouldn’t have left her. This shouldn’t have happened, why does this happens? Why does it happen with people we love?
I held you in my arms and gave you the warmest hug I ever gave to anyone before and kept holding you in that position till you threw up on my back again.
I couldn’t do anything but smile at that moment.
you: I think I need a napkin.
Me: I think you need something bigger than a napkin.
(While passing the napkin from one hand and wiping few tear in my eyes from other)


You were in no condition to ride so we did spend few hours in that same place till you almost came out of your vodka. After which you drove back to your hostel waving a see you later with your hand with a smile on your lips.
From that night we were a joint again.
 We were back, we were together and we were a bond.
J
                                                                                       


In the end of this paper one but in the mid of our real story, I want you to know that,
 I will be where ever you’ll need me,
I will be where ever you’ll feel me,
 my existence might be momentary in this world,
but I’ll be immortal till you greed me….


2 comments:

  1. a good
    and surprising difference
    i hope u understand what m talking about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,
    Everyone see the world with their own eyes,
    Differences are destined to happen..

    ReplyDelete